Thursday, June 29, 2006

Boring

There isn't much to tell about the next event. Imagine a group of "super" beings sitting off to the side waiting for their turn to do one lift. Of course they had a whole bracket system down and...well...I couldn't be bothered to wait for the stupidity to end.

The object that was being lifted was a massive barbell. No weights on the ends. Under the ends were two raised diases that seemed to serve as large magnets. Very simple looking design. I'm sure underground was a whole different story.

There was a readout above the lifter that would show what the last lift was. Of course, it was alien, so I couldn't understand it. It wouldn't matter. I got up, out of turn, and at the protest of the rest of the contestants. They pointed at me shouting at the judges as I stepped, with arrogant purpose to the bar.

I raised one finger them smiling. I placed that finger under the bar. The readout shown 5 digits as the last lift. I bent over slightly gently clearing the bar from the ground. I couldn't beleive this had been so difficult to them! I raised and lowered my finger repeatedly. The digits increased as I did so, and so making the bar heavier, such as it is. Still light as a cloud, I bounced the weight from one finger to another. I played like this for a bit as the weight increased with each lift. Eventually, the machine gave up and released it's pull. Everyone watched as the bar drifted into the night sky. Without the magnetic pull, the bar wasn't more than 20 or so tons.

I rolled my eyes.

"Next!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home