Monday, June 19, 2006

Faster than a speeding...well...anything...

Like I mentioned before, I was excited and intimidated all at the same time. I'd always been a believer that there is always someone faster, stronger, better than you somewhere in the universe. For me this is no longer the case, but I'd always thought so.

Our first event was to be a foot race covering 1 lap of the planet on foot. It's a little over 300,000 miles. Of course we all knew we could cover the distance. How fast was the question.

I crouched at the starting line. All my muscles taut and ready. The signal was given and I leapt forward. Within the first second, I noticed that I was already alone in the lead. I never looked back, though. I smiled to myself and poured it on. I felt free as I raced over the terrain at speeds you could only imagine. I imagine to the rest of the competitors I simply disappeared.

It seemed to take a bit of time in my accelerated state. Everything in motion stopped. I felt so free and alive. I saw the start/finish line. Every spectator seemed a statue frozen in time. I stopped.

"1.57 Seconds! It's a new record!"

I took a bow. I waited a bit for the rest, but got bored. I took off around the track once more. I couldn't believe how slow they were! I'm not sure if they could hear me giggling, but I lapped them 8 times before second place crossed the finish. He fell to his knees in exhaustion.

"About time." I quipped. I looked completely fresh.

He looked up gasping for breath, but completely surprised.

A slowed replay revealed that I was a streak that even their technology could not track. Somehow, at that moment, I realized how easy this was going to be. I'd have to make it really entertaining for my fans.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ultragirl said...

You won't have to wait long, I promise!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home